Dave Marsh

Default Glueing aluminum to other metals

"Old Nick" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 15:28:17 +0100, "Dave Marsh"
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

Ideas:

(1) If you placed a panel behind the front panel, stuck to the front
panel and made of something eminently glueable, you get a huge area of
contact on the front panel aluminium, and an easily-glued surface
behind it. On such a large area, even contact cement would hold.

I am thinking of some of the "super cardboard" fibreboards etc, gasket
material etc.

That sounds a very good idea, thanks.

OR

(2) If you can place the circuit board closer than 1/4" to the panel
that holds it (say 1/8") then you can adhere a standoff panel to the
front panel with plenty of area, and bolt the cctbd to the backing
panel.

(3) Place spacers _behind_ the cctbd, so that there is no pressure on
the panel, except that carried by the back wall of the enclosure or
columns from the bottom.

(4) Re-design the project box as many would. Countersink the front
"working" panel by pressure, to allow csunk screws. Place a
prettypanel in front of that, label and all, held by the edges of the
box (if it's one of those slotted things), or again simply held on by
contact.

For the next design I will definitely rethink it - Many thanks for your
suggestions Nick.

Dave