Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Any product from China worth buying?

On Nov 25, 8:45 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
wrote:

That's $1/day, not $1/hr.

Still a good income. I'll bet they save plenty, in a short amount of
time to pay for college, or to start their own business.

Some do. $1/day is FAR (like five to ten times) more than they were making.

What they do is the whole family works, pools their money, and sends one of
their sons to the U.S. Once he arrives, he gets an off-the-books job and
earns enough in one or two years to bring the whole family over.

They, in turn, work hard and the next generation all go to Cal-Tech.

Sounds just like Americans? The 'American Dream' so called. It is the
aim of most people in this world to earn enough to bring up their
family and themselves. To rise out of poverty etc.

Reminds of a group of young Sri Lankan men we met in 2005, recruited
to work in S.Korea. Some of them spoke good English and were excited
with the expecatation of earning $1000 a month to work for an unknown
number of hours per week in auto factories. Minus some deductions
probably. Then sending money home to their families. Smart young men
they were. If we ever buy a KIA or a Hyundai maybe one of them will
have assembled it?