Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Brent is offline

Default Mythbusters sighting

On Nov 28, 7:39 pm, "Pre-Meltdown"
wrote:
"steamer" wrote in message

--Sigh, what you said. I still miss Junkyard Wars when it was in its
heyday, where you could learn something new and useful every few minutes!

I'm also jealous of those two assholes' shop--an effing airplane hangar!
They might even have some cnc...
Really a lot of good stuff in that show, if I could just keep from
up-chucking.
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

AND,
Make sure whomever you do vote for believes in
ABSOLUTE separation of Church & State--ferchrissakes

all d'numbuhs

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Whatever happened
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : to Tom Nelson?

they more than might

i've seen the CNC at M5 i think its in the lunchroom i know they have
a nice set of manual tools too. but i think their official promary job
in special effects is a lot of one off fabrication where manual
machines can still hold their own.

But i do agree some of the show hs floundered to production over
science and fabrication.

It kinda reminds me of the Discovery channel motorcycle shows. the
first one "Motorcycle mania" is jesse james making stuff with drama
around, as normal life is. But hes doing Nice Effin metalwork. the
same production team has floated to "biker build off" which was
everything but that. it was NO real fabrication on cameral and ALL
deadlines and drama.

At least one of the "american chopper" specials was honest the alked
the excecutive producer about american chopper and he said "Its not
about bikes its about a family business and family arguments" I'll
give them their due on honesty on that one but i previously said i'm
SURE ny state OHSA visits them and fines them for all the BAD safety
violations that still make it through to the show like t he playing
with oxy and acetylene and the lack of masks.