Posted to alt.home.repair
Cshenk Cshenk is offline

Default Spiders, was Termites

"Abe" wrote
situation in rhe attic. They crawl in at night in the bathroom through

..
I set a bug bomb off in my attic once a year. No problems.

We have a few and were going to try that next. Also found another egress in
the bathroom. Lars got us thinking when he described the flanges (Thanks
Lars!). It isnt there as those are sealed here with caulk but we did miss
along the ceiling at the shower.

The bathroom is pine slab walls so it wasnt obvious there was a gap up there
but we just put some water sealing clear acrylic. Cant tell it's there from
a ft away.

The real fix of course is to kill the attic infestation then put in some
sort of preventive treatment against reinfestation. Lowes helped out
(fellow there is quite helpful in that department). Got 'spiderbombs' he
recommended (actually cheaper than the ones we were looking at). It's a
common problem in our area at this season and the ones he told us were
better for attics actually cost a little less.