Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.music.makers.electric-piano,rec.music.makers.synth,alt.toys.hi-tech,misc.consumers
HellPopeHuey HellPopeHuey is offline

Default HELP!!!! TRIPPED OVER POWER SUPPLY!!!!

Ouroboros_Rex wrote:

They do not necessarily open easily, and all sorts of panel buttons and
other bits can fall out if you're not careful. You can also static shock
things into scrap status. If you don't have skills in this area, it's
probably best to pay the piper here.

I introduced myself to the engineer at a radio station where I worked
by saying "I have a rule about engineers." He said "What's that?" I said
"I believe in all but kissing their asses, because they actually keep
things GOING and can pull you out of the fire when no one else knows
squat." He grinned widely, something I came to learn he didn't do often.

I once had a synth repairman in Houston do me a serious solid because
I'd given him a ride and an extension on a repair because The Unforeseen
hit him amidships at a clumsy moment.

The main thing I know about soldering irons is that they belong in the
hands of people who know which end to touch to the solder, eh? I'm not
one of them. I can replace a washer, do spark plugs and play synth, but
I have the tech skills of Mom's little hairbag of a dawg Peeky. It seems
natural to show added regard for those who make it possible for you to
keep your music going.

Don't just respect a good tech; grease the wheels a little as you go.
You always remember a kick in the slats, sure, but a kind word can have
longer legs by comparison. That goes double when a guy takes part of his
day off to dig you a replacement disk drive out of his shop so you can
play a club that evening. Now THAT was a real Moog moment.. a BOB Moog
sort of thing, because his heart was in it, so he UNDERSTOOD. There ya go.

--

HellPope Huey
I feel like an iguana lizard

Everything you can imagine is real.