Posted to sci.electronics.repair, alt.music.makers.electric-piano,rec.music.makers.synth, alt.toys.hi-tech, misc.consumers
Prisoner at War Prisoner at War is offline

Default HELP!!!! TRIPPED OVER POWER SUPPLY!!!!

On Nov 28, 1:48 pm, "Ouroboros_Rex" wrote:

I do that routinely, and it took an $11,000 broken elbow to make me quit
it and buy a $9 length of cable cover. Don't be me.

Yikes! Well, thanks, I certainly learned my lesson now!

Just curious...how did an elbow wind up costing $11K?? I ask 'cause
I've developed golf and tennis elbows in my left arm -- from weight-
lifting!

your problem: it wasn't just a disconnection, it was probably a
healthy yank too. Check to see if your adapter produces power. If not, get
another power supply.

Yep, I'm going to ask one of the handymen where I work for a voltage
meter tomorrow....

If so, it's probably the power jack on the keyboard,
these can usually be replaced if you can find one. Once I had to use a
different type and cut a hole in the case for it and run wires to it from
the PC board - worked fine.

You know, I was just wondering...I hope these electric keyboards open
up easily...if it's as you say, perhaps I can do it myself...the
repair shop wants $50 just to diagnose the thing -- and we're not even
talking about a home visit, either!

If the jack tests OK, look for built-in fuses or fusible links on the PC
board or power circuits. It is somewhat possible your disconnection
generated a power spike.

"Built-in fuses"..."fusible links"...you mean, it could just be like a
fuse in the apartment, something I simply switch back to the "on"
position????