Posted to rec.woodworking
Chip Buchholtz Chip Buchholtz is offline

Default Dust Collector Hose for Delta Miter Saw?

HerHusband wrote:
: Unfortunately, I've already run into my first hurdle. I have a 10" Delta
: miter saw, and I've measured the port as 1-1/2" ID. Naturally, a 1-1/4"
: shop vac hose is too small, and virtually every adapter I've seen steps
: from 1-1/4" to 2".

I found a 1-1/2" to 2-1/2" adapter on Amazon, so I could hook my shop
vac to my Dewalt 715 CMS. I found that even with the vacuum attached,
a lot of dust gets sprayed over the wall behind the saw.

Someone had a web site where he described his home-made CSM
workstation, and he had a enclosure behind the CSM lareg enough to
allow full rotate and tilt. The enclosure caught the dust and was
attached to his dust collector. Unfortunately, I can't find the site,
now.

I'm planning to do the same sort of thig, one of these days.

--- Chip