Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default Dust Collector Hose for Delta Miter Saw?

HerHusband wrote:

Unfortunately, I've already run into my first hurdle. I have a 10" Delta
miter saw, and I've measured the port as 1-1/2" ID.

snip

Ideally, I'd like to run a short length of 1-1/2" hose (if I could find it)
from the saw up to the wall, then adapt to the 4" main duct.

The small ports are meant for shopvacs, not dust collectors. That small
of a hose will choke a dust collector down to the point where doesn't
work very well.

You're likely better off using a shopvac on the miter saw, or else
making a shroud of some sort behind the saw to capture the dust, with a
4" fitting for the collector hose.

Static buildup is not a danger in a small shop. If it really worries
you, just wrap some bare wire in a spiral around your plastic pipe.

Chris