Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default harbor freight ball joint separating tool

In article , "William Noble" wrote:
thanks Doug - I was inclined to say something unkind to the poster who
accused me of a lack of integrity, you have taken care of it for me so I
won't waste my energy - too many folks are quick to accuse without any
understanding.

Hey, no problem -- I've had quite a bit more experience using ball joint
separators than I'd really care to have had, so I know what kind of punishment
they're supposed to be able to take, and it seemed to me that such an ignorant
comment just *had* to come from somebody who likely had no idea what a ball
joint separator is, and *certainly* had never used one. FWIW, I've used mine
for purposes very similar to what you described in your post, and (as I'm
sure you know) one doesn't apply anywhere near as much force in that
application as when actually removing a ball joint.

--
Regards,