Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default MAPPS Torch Rather Than Propane For Home Plumbing ?

In article , wrote:
I haven't done a lot of these, and I've never used a MAPP, but my
general impression is that MAPP's are for people who don't have enough
patience to wait for the solder joints to warm up properly using a
regular torch.

My general impression is that people who haven't ever used MAPP shouldn't be
trying to answer questions about whether it's better than propane. Ever
sweated a 1" brass valve body with propane?

--
Regards,