Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default MAPPS Torch Rather Than Propane For Home Plumbing ?

On Nov 28, 10:29 am, wrote:
I haven't done a lot of these, and I've never used a MAPP, but my
general impression is that MAPP's are for people who don't have enough
patience to wait for the solder joints to warm up properly using a
regular torch. That and a MAPP torch can at least used for more
other things too.

My guess is that MAPP, being hotter, will heat up the joint quicker
which actually will reduce the conduction of heat away from the joint
which will reduce the total amount of heat that needs to be applied
for a proper solder joint.

Last time I had a professional plumber out he was using MAPP for his
solder joints.

nate