Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ms ms is offline

Default VHS recorded tape going bad?

Jerry wrote in
:

On Nov 28, 9:27 am, ms wrote:

Usually a movie scene has a sort of leadin effect to the next
location or event. We noticed that scenes changed suddenly, no
transition effect at all, an example, a scene in a room, a sentence
ends, a jump to inside a car driving. We saw that throughout the
movie, and IIRC, the original had better direction than that. Like
the tape had been spliced badly.

Is it possible that age of a tape can produce this kind of effect?

Don't know, only guessing, maybe has something to do with copy-
protection circuitry built into newer VCRs?

Jerry

This an originally blank tape, and my VCR is about 10 years old. No copy
involved, this movie I recorded directly from a TV broadcast years ago.
It may just be the movie, as I don't notice this on other tapes of
similar vintage.

ms