Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default VHS recorded tape going bad?

On Nov 28, 9:27 am, ms wrote:

Usually a movie scene has a sort of leadin effect to the next location or
event. We noticed that scenes changed suddenly, no transition effect at
all, an example, a scene in a room, a sentence ends, a jump to inside a car
driving. We saw that throughout the movie, and IIRC, the original had
better direction than that. Like the tape had been spliced badly.

Is it possible that age of a tape can produce this kind of effect?

Don't know, only guessing, maybe has something to do with copy-
protection circuitry built into newer VCRs?

Jerry