Posted to sci.electronics.repair, alt.music.makers.electric-piano,rec.music.makers.synth, alt.toys.hi-tech, misc.consumers
Prisoner at War Prisoner at War is offline

Default HELP!!!! TRIPPED OVER POWER SUPPLY!!!!

On Nov 28, 9:03 am, tonewheel wrote:

This keyboard has an external wall-wart power supply doesn't it? These
are standard Yamaha items - I bet it's one of these:http://www.dv247.com/invt/8113/
.. or whatever the equivalent is in your country.

I really, really doubt the keyboard itself was damaged, it'll be the
power adapter and while these can be repaired, few people would
bother. Certainly getting someone else to repair it for you would cost
more than the price of a new one.

TWJ

Hey man, thanks! I sure hope you're right, and that nothing is wrong
with the keyboard -- but why should any electronics component fail for
sudden loss of power?? I mean, ain't that in effect the same as
turning the thing off...what's the difference between turning
something off and unplugging it???