Posted to sci.electronics.repair, alt.music.makers.electric-piano,rec.music.makers.synth, alt.toys.hi-tech, misc.consumers
Prisoner at War Prisoner at War is offline

Default HELP!!!! TRIPPED OVER POWER SUPPLY!!!!

On Nov 28, 9:05 am, b wrote:

well shouldn't that fact have suggested to you that a) you have it in
a bloody stupid place and ought to have moved it /re-routed it after
the first time or b) you should be more careful ? You could have seen
this coming....!

Yes, fifty lashes with a wet noodle! Of course I saw it coming, but
it was never much of a problem before, and only happens very rarely.
Main thing is that I live in a typically small and crammed NYC
apartment, with four bicycles, a kayak, some weights and other
miscellaneous exercise equipment, a 52" RPTV, as well as and six six-
foot high bookcases full of, well, books!

chances are the ac adaptor is a sealed unit you'd be better off buying
another with the same voltage and similar spec. be sure to check the
polarity of the litle plug.

I hope it's just the adapter, then...but why would an adapter just
suddenly stop working simply because of being suddenly disconnected??
Of course, I can't imagine why the piano might, either, but that's my
real fear, as it's a ~$1K keyboard....

Then route the cable more safely. put a mat over it if need be.

I only plug it in when it's actually in use...unfortunately, I get so
lost in my musical revelries sometimes that I forget about the cord
and trip over it on my way to the kitchen!

-B