Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Schwab Bill Schwab is offline

Default How to paint dials on mill?

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:
"Trevor Jones" wrote in message
news:xbe3j.33068$Zn.12644@edtnps90...
snip-----.
That it can be done that way, is by no means an endorsment that it can
ONLY be done that way.

I didn't imply that. That is in your imagination. I simply stated that I
prefer working that way, and included, somewhere ":YMMV".

Harold

Gang, if anything, the "it can only be done that way" crowd is on the
DRO side of the debate. I am grateful to Harold and others for taking
the time to explain the manual approach to me. All the fuss over
backlash (which is pretty much reflexive to me now) paid off recently
when it came time to align an RT with the spindle and then cope with
angles on the RT.

Just my 2 cents.

Bill