The Natural Philosopher

Default Chainsaw: electric or petrol?

Grunff wrote:

OldScrawn wrote:

I've just been given a tree (in bits) for my woodburner. It's going to
need
more cutting, perhaps 100 or so cuts of 4 to 6 inches. What are the
relative
merits of the £100 or so entry level electrics against the £150 or so
petrols
(apart from the obvious). (I'm pretty experienced with other power
tools and
know about the need for safety kit.) I know I could hire one but I
just like
collecting toys!

If you're sure you won't ever want to use it where you can't get power,
go for mains. They're quieter and cheaper, and you won't need to worry
about mixing up twostroke juice.

But if there's any chance at all you might want to use it away from the
house, get a petrol.

Secinded to a T. Electric are just as good, (in smaller sizes) as long
as you have access to the sparky stuff.