Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

Default harbor freight ball joint separating tool

William Noble wrote in article
just quick report:
got a HF ball joint separator thinking it would work to separate a drill
chuck from a damaged arbor - drilled a hole through the arbor, put a pin
through it and clamped it down with the chuck body just above the vice

jaws-
put the separator (looks like a tapered fork) against the chuck - smacked

it
a few times with a hammer, and the tool split in half - so the tool is
worthless. Tried a good quality (name brand) tool and it worked quickly

and easily.

Next step, return tool to HF and get refund.

You mis-use a tool by applying it to a task it was never intended to do,
and it breaks.

You then deem the tool to be "junk."

I'm not a big fan of the Horrible Fright stuff, but in this case, I believe
they would be well within their rights to refuse to refund your money.

Of course, I'm not expecting you to have the integrity to admit to them
exactly how you broke the tool.