Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default kitchen worktops?

"Bob Mannix" wrote in message

Just purchasing a kitchen ( .

You have my sympathy ...

The salesman was kind enough to say "don't buy the shiny ones, they
scratch too easily and look rubbish after a while". We have gone for a
more matt effect instead. On inspecting the ones in the showroom, the
shiny ones were scratched and did look rubbish.

But I still ask how much time would be spent looking at it?

Can't afford Corian or other things unfortunately.

No idea what that is. Ours is a granite look-alike, it cost us nothing. In
August we spent time with millionaire friends in Aberdeen, they had shiny
granite tiles on their huge hall and kitchen floor but their kitchen
surfaces were exactly the same as our counter - I looked underneath and saw
the base :-)

Mary