Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default condensing boiler thermostat setting

Golan wrote in
@y5g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

Hi.

i have a vaillant ecomax 613 condensing boiler with indirect

cylinder.

at the moment the boiler thermostat is set to 65 deg and the

cylinder
to 58 deg.

my question is it better to set up to boiler thermostat to

max ? will
the boiler still work in condensing mode ?

The boiler would be running at its most efficient when the
return water
temp to the boiler is 54c Whether that will be sufficient in
cold
weather depends on your rad sizes and how much water you like
in your
bath.

my gas engineer told my that the boiler is very efficient so

it is OK
to run the hot water 24HR a day. we take 3 baths a day 2 in

the
morning and one in the evening. should i set the programmer

to run the
hot water for those times or let it run all the time ? what

it
cheaper.

No timed twice daily would be better.