Posted to uk.d-i-y
DavidM DavidM is offline

Default Removing a door fitted with a door closer

"DavidM" wrote in message
I need to remove a couple of (internal) doors in a flat in order
to take a bit off the bottom to clear a newly fitted carpet. The doors
have door closers fitted - the type with a "bicycle type" chain
running between and through two plates, one in the door and one
in the frame on the hinge side. Last time I did this I had a real struggle
getting the closer plates back in position against the pull of the spring.

Any advice on the best way of tackling this?

Thanks, David.

Thanks to all for the tips, but I'm still going to put some sticking
plasters
in my toolbox next time!
David.