Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Compact fluorescent lamps failing

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 20:08:51 +0000 someone who may be Andy Champ
wrote this:-

They've put in objections or concerns on about 200 applications. I
wonder what proportion of the total that is?

I suspect not as high a proportion as some think. One could total up
the projects on http://www.bwea.com/ukwed/index.asp to get a figure,
I can't be bothered.

During my visit to Black Law the loudest noises to be heard normally
were those made by the birds and the lambs. People talking were
louder on occasion. Motor vehicles on the public road were rather
louder than any other noise. The birds were flying around happily
and there was no carpet of dead birds.

There have been a small number of cases where there have been
excessive numbers of bird deaths. The last I heard was one in
Norway, where there had been no problem with earlier phases but
there was with a late phase.

While the RSPB has a fairly sensible policy, that does not mean that
individual local activists do not mangle it for other reasons.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh