Posted to alt.home.repair
Werz Kit Werz Kit is offline

Default I know how to fix a Water Knock in the Cold Water, is it the same for the Hot Water?

If I have to drain the heater, I'll just drain it below the level of
the Emergency Relief valve. Then open said valve to atmosphere. That
SHOULD work, IF messing with the HWH is the right thing to do.

Ron

On 28 Nov 2007 02:45:39 GMT, Steve wrote:

Travelover wrote on 27 Nov 2007 in group
alt.home.repair:

Yep, fix hot water the same way - drain it and let it refill trapping
air in anti knock pipe.

Turn off the water heater before draining it so it doesn't burn out.

See the many other discussions on this list about how to drain a water
heater. You may be in for more work than you think.