Wayne

Default VFD won't work on lathe, Why?

The VFD is single phase in, 3 phase out. The motor
is 3 phase. To my knowledge the motor is a single speed.
I passed on the suggestions that I picked up from you guys.
I also learned a few things that I didn't know.

They are interested in selling the VFD as an option.
I'm the prototype customer because I wanted the VFD.
(See what happens when you read the newsgroup and everyone
likes the VFD's!)

After they explained the problems to me, they 1st offered
to return my check and my VFD. Good guys. I let them know
I'll buy the lathe even if the VFD doesn't work out.

An expert from Leeson and an expert from the lathe place
were supposed to get together today to discuss it. I didn't
hear back yet, so it probably didn't happen today as planned.
I'm just going to wait until they figure out what is going on.

I'll post back when they respond.
Thanks all!