Posted to alt.home.repair
jmagerl jmagerl is offline

Default Mice (mouse) in house - dead

3 days for a dead mouse odor to disappear? I wish. My mice take about 2
weeks to de-odorfy. These are standard mice not rats. Maybe a air ionizer
cleaner will destroy some of the odor during those 2 weeks.

I get at least 1 dead mouse/odor a year in the house. Usually just before
the holidays. On the plus side, no one wants to come over for holiday meals
and if they do, they dont stay long.

Get a cat? I have one and he's dragged in more mice than he's dragged out

wrote in message
I made the mistake of baiting mice. They have since died and there is
a real bad odor. They seem to be in the ceiling area of my basement
but am not 100% sure. I don't want to do a tear out. I removed one 4x8
sheet of drywall where I thought they might be - but no. Will the odor
leave when they fully decompose? Any time frame on this? It's not an
unbearable odor - just unpleasant.

Thanks