Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Schwab Bill Schwab is offline

Default Square tubing finish options

Hello all,

I am using 2 inch square Al tubing (0.125 thickness) as part of a frame
for an experimental fixture. Part of me wants to flycut it to remove
some dings, and part of me wants to leave well enough alone. Knowing
that I can always start over if the tubes (11 in long each) were to warp
like mad, I might just try it.

What is your best guess? Would knocking the skin off of the tubing
cause it to warp or twist a lot? Is there something else you would do
to make a presentable finish? It is not terribly important. I can
probably get to a sandblaster, though it is not as accessible as in the
good old days. Something I can do in the comfort of my garage gets
extra points.

Thanks,

Bill