Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones Trevor Jones is offline

Default How to clean coolant reservoir ?? Now coolant choices

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:
"Trevor Jones" wrote in message

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

snip-

Oil skimmers have been around at least as long as that.

They were, and I recall them----but were in limited use. Same with coolant
filtration. Most machines were not so equipped. It was the development of
the CNC machines that was the driving force to improve technology in those
fields, or so it seems.

I can recall seeing disk type skimmers being used to pick diesel fuel off
the tops of sumps, from when I was still in school. I graduated High
school around the same time you retired. :-)

That is the very model I recall.

By the time I left the shop, I was burned out on machining. It had become
very burdensome to me, and my new vocation kept me at arms length. I lost
all interest in running the machines, and still run them pretty much under
protest. I'm still stuck, technologically, back in the early 80's as a
result, much to my chagrin.

I've long been curious about your age. It would be interesting to put a
face on the folks we talk with, eh?

Harold

43.

I act a lot more immature than that, much of the time. :-)

There is a place in the dropbox to place pictures of ourselves.
shrug Never got around to it.

Lesse.
http://www3.telus. net/rwenig/Estevan.html
(knock the space out of the address, and it should work OK)
Me.
4th picture down.
Sadly, I am certain that I still wear that sweater, and that ball cap.

The skimmers I was seeing, were used in a local spring fed creek, to
pick the leaked diesel (local railyard) off it before it hit the river.

The principle, though, was identical. The belt and tube types are all
the same principle in a different package, so I cannot say I am all that
excited to see the variations.

Cheers
Trevor Jones