Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] robson@nf.sympatico.ca is offline

Default Mice (mouse) in house - dead

On Nov 27, 11:19 pm, "SteveB" wrote:
wrote in message

I made the mistake of baiting mice. They have since died and there is
a real bad odor. They seem to be in the ceiling area of my basement
but am not 100% sure. I don't want to do a tear out. I removed one 4x8
sheet of drywall where I thought they might be - but no. Will the odor
leave when they fully decompose? Any time frame on this? It's not an
unbearable odor - just unpleasant.

Thanks

Yes, the smell will go away. Eventually.

Look at Victor Tin Cats. A live trap that doesn't have the problem poison
has caused you. I'm curious. What did you think would happen to them?

Steve

I reside in a rural area with some feilds around. I baited the
perimeter (sp) of the home outside. It's a fairly old home and I have
sealed all areas (I think). The basement sump has a clay pipe for
overflow if the power fails or the sump fails. Tracing the pipe by
guesstimate it's opening some 30 feet from the house was unscreened. I
figure they might have gotten in this way, perhaps or came in with the
firewood.