Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Heating a 650 sq' wood shop

"Caesar Romano" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:12:51 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote Re Heating a 650 sq' wood shop:

And if they are not "EPA certified" it is illegal to install them, or even
re-install them after cleaning, in Washington state. Which means un-certified
stoves could get you ticketed or invalidate your insurance. That means you
cannot buy any old "franklin stove" and expect it to be legal.

Thank God for the EPA and Washington state.

I'm not complaining. I wouldn't want to live downwind from a continuous user of
an un-certified stove. The new ones are hugely cleaner as far as smoke output,
and you get more heat out of the wood you burn. And I'm pretty sure it's not
just Washington State.

Bob