Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Mice (mouse) in house - dead

On Nov 27, 2:16 pm, wrote:
I made the mistake of baiting mice. They have since died and there is
a real bad odor. They seem to be in the ceiling area of my basement
but am not 100% sure. I don't want to do a tear out. I removed one 4x8
sheet of drywall where I thought they might be - but no. Will the odor
leave when they fully decompose? Any time frame on this? It's not an
unbearable odor - just unpleasant.

Thanks

The unpleasant odor will go away when he's completely "eaten" or dried
out; which ever happens first.

Think "mass of dead body" there is only so much "food" there.

Depending on local weather conditions (your level of sensitively to
smells) I'd guess a week (or two at the most.)

Mice are about 30g .... about an ounce, not much food there.

cheers
Bob