RichardS

Default PPPro 18V drill - short review

"Grunff" wrote in message
Andy Hall wrote:

Have a look at the Makita as well. I was using by 14v one all day
today making some wooden frames. This involved gluing and screwing
some components together with long thin screws rather carefully and
slowly. A gentle squeeze of the trigger and the chuck turns very
slowly but with good torque.

A friend has the 12V Makita, which is superb. But not quite
beefy enough for what I want.

I'd love an 18V Makita, and have a feeling I'm going to end up
with one sooner or later. But I'm gonna give the Axminster tool
a go first. One of the factors that have convinced me to do so
is their use of NiMH batteries. If they were being cheapskates,
they certainly wouldn't have included NiMH as standard.

--
Grunff

Based on my experiences with their tools I might have recommended looking at
Atlas Copco/Milwaukee, however having just looked up the price of their 18v
combi it is astronomical - you could have 2 of the Erbauers for the price
it!

Richard

--
Richard Sampson