Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Septic Tank Repair

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 13:21:28 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Honestly I was just thinking that. Probably 2-3 days of work and
showering down the road at my parents. I am just worried with the
pressure from the tank pushing outwards any patching I do will
eventually come loose. As far as replacing the tank myself I would
still need a crane to lower the new tank in place and jackhammer out
the old one as well as doing all the plumbing fittings which I have no
experience with. Not to mention I am not well informed with the codes
regarding the new tank installation. What if I were to trench out
around the tanks seam tamp down all loose dirt and then pour a 6"
thick "footer of sorts" around the tank seam??

Rod M.

It will leak, imo.

Can you abandon the old tank, collapse it and fill with soil - then
install new tank adjacent the old?