Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment,rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Repair broken Tek 485 or buy good used 2465/A/B?

James Sweet wrote:

The 485 is a really excellent scope, and the problem you describe should be
fairly easy to repair. There's no sense in upgrading, as a beginner you
probably won't use a large portion of the features the 485 provides even.

Agreed, and I bet a nickel the issue is that there is too much dust and
dirt providing leakage paths in the high voltage section. Have the tech
give it a good cleaning and you will probably be fine.

I'm still using a Tek tube scope at work and it's always been flawless
although the calibration guys hate me.
--scott