Posted to rec.woodworking
George George is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
t...

I only attempt to point out one factor. Style is probably the biggest
driver in vehicle sales.

Yep, sitting straight up is a good thing, and some people are long enough to
have to recline to drive cars like the wife's. Then there's the nice
all-wheel capability in my Escape that gets me over unplowed areas like the
three miles to the ambulance garage. It's also able to pull a trailer and
500 BF of wood back from vacation, and responds straight ahead when two
wheels are in slush and two on pavement or any other combination I've found.

Of course it's 22 mpg only with the V6, and no tax advantage at all, but
it's safe, roomy and comfortable.

Have you noticed all the "me too" foreign SUVs that have appeared since the
Explorer set the pace?