Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
NoOne N Particular NoOne N Particular is offline

Default Millermatic 175 question

TIA,

Wayne

Really dumb question----It's wired 220 single phase,
correct? Do you have juice to
both L1 and L2?

It may be a dumb question, but I didn't really have the time to do a
whole lot of diagnosis. The kid was ready to leave and he wanted to
take it with him. When he wants to go, he wants to go NOW. So I can
only **assume** that L1 and L2 both have juice. I will have to go over
to his place now to find out.

And you are right, it is 220v 1ph. I unplugged my dryer and used that
outlet for the welder which I have done several times before. I have a
good extension cord of about 50' of nice heavy wire which I think is
10ga. but might be 12ga. but it is heavy duty stuff and has not caused
any problems in the past.

So let me ask you this. IF either L1 or L2 does not have juice, would
that fan even come on at all???

Thanks,

Wayne