Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 3-phase MCB rating

On 28/11/2007 00:27, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

You need to watch the earth fault loop impedance carefully with a
Type D breaker.

I was surprised it was a type D, the written sheet inside the case
actually states a type C is fitted, but when I checked, I found it is
actually a type D that is fitted.

You may need an RCD to ensure compliance with the
required trip time on a short to earth if you have a long cable or
a greater than ideal earth fault loop impedance. Type D breakers
are normally used only for loads with a large initial surge (e.g.
some motors).

Thanks, I'll raise that with the electrical contractors.