Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Instant water heater

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:

"bof" wrote in message

Anyone know why this http://tinyurl.com/2jdx4v is rated "not suitable
for bath". Is it just that the flow rate is low, so it would take an age
to fill[1], or is it that it can't run continuously for long enough, or
maybe some other reason?

We used to have a Mains Severn (?) and it was very efficient at filling a
bath with hotter water than needed.

Main (now part of Baxi/Potterton) produced a whole range of these
over many years. I inherited a Main Medina when I bought a house
which eventually wrecked itself about 8 years ago (see humour pages
of the FAQ) and I replaced it with the then current one with
thermostatic control, Main Medway...
http://i1.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/c6/cd/4c62_1.JPG
Bloody brilliant and fills a bath in no time at all.
Still works when electricity goes off (I don't think that's true
of the current model anymore).

--
Andrew Gabriel