Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen Dan Espen is offline

Default Stacking Washer/Dryer trick?

(Chris Lewis) writes:

According to Dan Espen :
(Chris Lewis) writes:

If the washer is set on the platform, there is no way we can get the
dryer on top of the washer and bolt the mounting kit (on the back).

Just the thought of lifting the dryer that high...

Clothes dryers are pretty light. Under 140 lbs.
2 Adults should be able to lift that with no problem.

Right. But the washer cannot be in place for the dryer
to be installed. So, the dryer has to be lifted on top
of the washer, and then the whole assembly moved (and
possibly lifted) 4".

Geez, first you say you want to lift the dryer,
now you want to lift both.

Put the dryer on top of the washer then slide the washer and
dryer in place.
Forget the platform, what's that for?
If you insist on a platform, tilt the combined unit,
that should get the back legs off the floor 4 inches,
then slide in place.

How is the latter normally done? Brute force?

Brute force accomplishes wonders.
Stay in shape.

I'm trying to think towards the future, eg: not being physically
capable of lifting it, but still needing to service it.

Stay in shape.
When you can't do these things yourself,
hire someone or move into an extended care facility.