Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen Dan Espen is offline

Default Stacking Washer/Dryer trick?

(Chris Lewis) writes:

I'm completely renovating our bathroom, which includes
moving the washer/dryer and stacking them. It's the physical
installation part that's making me a little nervous...

These are full size front-loading machines intended to be stacked.
We have the stacking kit.

The intent is to build a platform about 4" high in a corner
of the room, with a 12" wide wall to hide the back of the
installed units. Which means that, when installed, there will
be one and two thirds of the sides of the units accessible -
the front, and 2/3 of one side.

If the washer is set on the platform, there is no way we can get the
dryer on top of the washer and bolt the mounting kit (on the back).

Just the thought of lifting the dryer that high...

Clothes dryers are pretty light. Under 140 lbs.
2 Adults should be able to lift that with no problem.