Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How do I seal off adhesive (fumes) on concrete

"ransley" wrote in message
On Nov 27, 11:10 am, wrote:
I had carpet laid in a room addition (den) with wide concrete steps.
The carpet layer plastered the steps with a very slow drying adhesive
that looked like contact cement. It wasn't your normal carpet padding
cement though - it was still wet months after installation and almost
a year later it's still offgassing quite a bit. Anyway, I became
sensitized to it and need a method to seal it off somehow. I was
thinking of polyester/epoxy resin but maybe that would be too hard a
finish and would have some offgassing as well. Is there a low VOC
product out there that I can brush or roll on?

You want to coat the carpet with epoxy?. If it still bothers you
removing the carpet and glue sounds logical.

Yeah. And tracking down the installer, getting full details about the
adhesive, and calling the manufacturer to find out the best way to remove
it. Sounds to me like the installer used the wrong product.