Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default How do I seal off adhesive (fumes) on concrete

On Nov 27, 11:10 am, wrote:
I had carpet laid in a room addition (den) with wide concrete steps.
The carpet layer plastered the steps with a very slow drying adhesive
that looked like contact cement. It wasn't your normal carpet padding
cement though - it was still wet months after installation and almost
a year later it's still offgassing quite a bit. Anyway, I became
sensitized to it and need a method to seal it off somehow. I was
thinking of polyester/epoxy resin but maybe that would be too hard a
finish and would have some offgassing as well. Is there a low VOC
product out there that I can brush or roll on?

You want to coat the carpet with epoxy?. If it still bothers you
removing the carpet and glue sounds logical.