Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

J. Clarke wrote:

I've never met a nurse who was paid as a sub-contractor. In fact I
suspect their union would go ballistic over it.

There are lots of different types of nurses.

A specific example is a friend of mine is a nurse who specializes in
cardiac (ex:// angioplasty) operations. He'll do a several month
contract at Hartford Hospital, do one or two at Yale, go back to
Hartford... He takes summers off to fly his r/c planes. He's not in a
union, and totally self-employed.

Private duty, in-home care nurses, are quite often sub-contractors to
shift some of the extreme liability away from the agencies.

Which accounts for at most a quarter of the sales of SUVs.

I only attempt to point out one factor. Style is probably the biggest
driver in vehicle sales.