Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Unions

On Nov 27, 5:47 am, Millwright Ron wrote:

I have never been on strike. Even when our contract had been expired
14 months.

I did walk a picket line once. When we had been locked out. It took a
court order for me to be able to retrieve my own personal tools.
Our Union did file a grievance with the NLRB and we did win. I am
proud that we stood up for our rights.That year the ceo still received
his bonus.... When we did return back to work. There were lots of
bitter feelings. Families had lost their homes, marriages, cars and
their savings.The trust that we thought we had with the company was
lost and was never regained.
I moved on to greener pastures.

Union Millwright Ronwww.unionmillwright.com

Strikes and lock outs are hard on everyone. Most workers can not
afford to lose more than about two weeks wages. And it affects the
company too.

From reading all the posts on unions, it seems as if all unions are
not the same, just like companies. If you have some time to kill,
look up the Nucor web page and look at their company policies.

Dan