Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Texturing walls

Laurie wrote:

I mentioned in an earlier post I am de-wallpapering 5 rooms in my 1970's-era
home. Aside from the bathrooms, I've decided I am anti-wallpaper. The
previous owners plastered over the prior texturing to smooth the surface.
*sigh* I have already stripped and redone one room completely (oh WHY did I
start with the LARGEST room...:-))

In that room I used a paint texturizer in that room with one of those loop
rollers and a trowel to flatten. It looks OK (especially with flat paint)
but I'd like it to look a little more professional in the entry hall/dining
room. The rest of the house that is not papered has what looks like a
mop-press type pattern. I'm not crazy about it either - not quite smooth
enough.

My question is this - what is a relatively easy method to texture and what
material is recommended that would come out looking a little more
professional? I've checked various websites (just like the textured
paint) - it comes out looking fine when THEY do it, but some are obviously
easier than others.

And yes, I realize a professional could do it best, but I've more desire and
time than money these days.

TIA,
Laurie

http://www.homeenvy.com/db/4/234.html