Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
CWatters[_2_] CWatters[_2_] is offline

Default Replacing shallow concrete foundations - worth it?

"John" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,
Thanks for the info but that wasn't my question.
Do you think the repiling process (replacing the existing concrete
foundation with a new one) is safe enough for the house?
I fear the structure may move a bit and damage the indoor work done so

far.

In other words how safe is the foundation replacement process for the

house?

If you really do need piles.... There are two ways to do it - drill them or
hammer them. Drilling them causes a lot less noise and vibration than
hammering.