Dave Marsh

Default Glueing aluminum to other metals

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 15:28:17 +0100, "Dave Marsh"
wrote:

Hi,

I need to space off a PCB by 0.25" behind a small (4" x 1" x 0.06" thick)
anodized aluminum front panel for an electronics project. The PCB

contains
the push buttons that protrude through holes in the front panel.

snip

Dave,
If you can, cut a plate the same size as the pcb. Drill and c'sink for
the screws you want to use. Use short screws and thread a spacer onto
them. Then, wet both surfaces to be bonded with epoxy and use a wire
brush to rough up the surfaces through the epoxy. Or, use loctite 330
adhesive. You can get this as a kit for about $20.00. And it sticks
very well. Even on oily surfaces. I have personal experience with both
methods.
Eric

Many thanks Eric. That sounds like great advice. I'm going to give it a try
asap.

Dave