Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default Christmas Ornament Project

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
news:7lT2j.32625$Zn.6290@edtnps90...
The ball is hollow to reduce weight on the tree limbs. A solid ball of
maple burl, for example, is going to provide a lot of weight. I plan to do
a video of these but it will be a bit in the making. Positioning the
camera is a bear. When I set up the shop it was mostly for turning, a
little for flat work, and not at all for photography or videography.
Shortsighted or what, eh?

My treasured spouse complains that if I wanted the camera angles I tell her
I want, I should have arranged the shop accordingly. Fortunately, almost
anyone capable of doing the ornament itself will be able to figure out
what's going on pretty easily.

Many ways to flay that feline - lots of them on line for the searching.
Your method is much more elaborate than mine.