Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Hummmm......

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 03:32:23 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 05:30:59 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Your logic escapes me. It probably also escapes them, too, because there
appears to be no reason why they couldn't be bombing here if they could
get away with it. All they'd have to do is to find a way to get in here
with bombs or a way to get them. Have you really thought this through?

It escapes me, too.

Any person in the USA today [and 20 million (12M estimate) illegals
prove the point _quite_ clearly] could disrupt our infrastructure/kill
thousands with one bomb/poison pack, and there's nothing we could (or
can) do about it other than simply being vigilant. Given that fact,
the DHS is truly a farce, a waste of money, though the initial concept
of protection was well-intentioned.

And the last attack was when?

2001. Do you really think the DHS would have prevented it, had it been
in place then? (When the CIA, FBI, SS, and other alphabets didn't?)

You, of all people here (as a vet and survivalist), should know that
terrorism can't be stopped--because it can happen anywhere, anytime,
from anyone. All they can stop is the larger, conspiratorial
group-type events...with any luck.

Do you seriously -doubt- that there are agents in this country who
could drop big chunks of our infrastructure at their merest whim?

I doubt there is a single guy reading this group who couldn't think of
half a dozen ways to do it. Thank insert deity of choice here none
of us wants that to happen. (We're the good guys.)

--
"Given the low level of competence among politicians,
every American should become a Libertarian."
-- Charley Reese, Alameda Times-Star (California), June 17, 2003