Peter Reilley

Default Righty Tighty - (No metal Content)

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
Peter Reilley wrote:

snipped

It is one of those things that likely is lost to history. Probably a
relevant
question is when were threads invented? I am sure that the first

threads
were made from wood. I know that some woodworkers prefer wooden

threads
for work bench vices and clamps. There are guys out there that

specialize
in
wooden threads. The sell the big screws used in woodworker's vices.
Were there wooden screws 1000 years ago? 2000 years ago? Was
there a preferred direction for Archimedes screw?

Pete.

And then... For lovers of limericks:

There was a young fellow named Dick,
Who was cursed with a spiralling prick,
So he set out to hunt
For a screw-twisted ****
That would match with his corkscrewy dick.

He found one, and took it to bed,
And then in chagrin, he dropped dead.
For that spiralling snatch
It never would match -
The damn thing had a left-handed thread!

Jeff (Who located two more limericks in the same vein, but won't subject
you to them unless asked.)

--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Well you have piqued my interest, so let me have it!

Pete.