Paul K. Dickman

Default Glueing aluminum to other metals

Dave Marsh wrote in message ...

Many thanks Paul. That all sounds like very solid (sic) advice. I did sand
down the surface of the aluminum but not in the way you described. I will
try that next time. The plate idea is a good one, so I'm thinking of

putting
a short countersunk machine screw through a small plate (unfortunately it
will have to be more like 3/5" square due to lack of room) and then gluing
the plate to the front panel. I can then screw a spacer on to the screw.

Dave

Screw the spacer to the plate before you glue it down. It'll be a lot easier
to get tight.

Paul K. Dickman